From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

USRP Software Radio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal not transmitted correctly at high IQ rate

Hi ErikL,

1. I’m using 2940R NI USRP (DB WBX40MHz) with SFP0 and Rj45 adopter.

2. I have used the image dispatched with NI USRP 14.0.

3. Right now I haven’t did any changes in FPGA image. 

4. I haven’t made any change in DB.

My Questions

Dose default dispatched FPGA image with NI USRP 14.0 supports WBX 40 MHz

Warm regards,

Junaid

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(3,233 Views)

Hi ErikL,

i am using NI USRP 2940R with WBX 40 initially its works good once i move to Linux and updated the FPGA afterwards this warning came to notice and RX doesn't work.

1. I’m using 2940R NI USRP (DB WBX40MHz) with SFP0 and Rj45 adopter.

2. I have used the image dispatched with NI USRP 14.0.

3. Right now I haven’t did any changes in FPGA image. 

4. I haven’t made any change in DB.

My Questions

Dose default dispatched FPGA image with NI USRP 14.0 supports WBX 40 MHz

Current EEprom VAlues 

Fetching current settings from EEPROM...
EEPROM ["revision"] is "52"
EEPROM ["product"] is "2104"
EEPROM ["mac-addr0"] is "00:80:2f:0a:f5:0c"
EEPROM ["mac-addr1"] is "10:80:2f:0a:f5:0d"
EEPROM ["gateway"] is "192.168.10.1"
EEPROM ["ip-addr0"] is "192.168.10.2"
EEPROM ["subnet0"] is "255.255.255.0"
EEPROM ["ip-addr1"] is "192.168.20.2"
EEPROM ["subnet1"] is "255.255.255.0"
EEPROM ["ip-addr2"] is "192.168.30.2"
EEPROM ["subnet2"] is "255.255.255.0"
EEPROM ["ip-addr3"] is "192.168.40.2"
EEPROM ["subnet3"] is "255.255.255.0"
EEPROM ["serial"] is "F54E25"
EEPROM ["name"] is ""

RX dboard ID: Unknown (0xffff)
TX dboard ID: WBX v4 (0x0062)

Could you please provide me the correct value of dboard ID and Main board EEPROM ["product"] is "???" for NI 2940R and how to reprogram it.

usrp_burn_mb_eeprom --values product, 30410

Warm regards,

Junaid

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(3,214 Views)
Hello -

The details are important. Can you provide further detail on what you mean by 2 and 3 above?

My understanding is that you purchased a NI USRP-2940, changed the FPGA image and then returned it to its factory state and now it does not work. Is that right?

I have done similar things successfully so it sounds like the wrong version of something was used. This is why I need specific info on exactly the past and current version of hardware and software driver images.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(3,209 Views)

Hi,

I have USRP NI 2940 R with WBX 40MHz. once i got this device WBX 120MHz was not available now main problem is default UHD FPGA image for NI USRP 14.0 doesn't have Product ID defined for WBX 40MHz.

I am also having a Ettus x310 with me today I have tested and it's conform that current FPGA image doesn't have support for WBX 40MHz in UHD ettus release and also with NI USRP release.

Now this problem can be solved either you send me the FPGA image that support WBX40MHz or you provide me the details contents of EEPROM so I can change to make it working with current FPGA image.

For ettus I have got the EEPROM daughter boards variant for WBX 40 MHz I.e 0x0063.

Is this information is correct ? “ NI-USRP 2940R uses a specific eeprom value, which is 0x772B for the 40-MHz”

Warm Regards

Junaid

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(3,204 Views)

Hi Junaid,

I think I need to clarify a few things:

• Both UHD and all NI-USRP APIs support the 40 MHz WBX.  The UHD and the host based NI-USRP API supports the 120 MHz WBX as well (release 14.0).
  • There is a set of EEPROM data on the X310, and another EEPROM on the WBX.
  • There is a set of product IDs for the X310, the 2940, and other USRP motherboards/NI units
  • There is another set of product IDs for the daughterboards (WBX, SBX, CBX...)

The UHD driver and NI-USRP host based driver will not throw an error if the motherboard product ID is wrong for the X310/294x/295x.  UHD will throw a warning, and LabVIEW will not throw an error or warning.  Having EEPROM ["product"] is "2104" as the motherboard product ID will affect how the device shows up with the uhd utils, but it will not cause the original error that you posted.

The issue that you are having is that your daughterboard IDs are not being detected.  UHD and all NI-USRP APIs cannot communicate with the daughterboards if this ID is not detected.  As I mentioned in a previous post, the most common reason for this error is that the daugherboard is not installed correctly.  Reading through posts, it looks like you tried your daughterboard in an Ettus X310 and still had issues.  Based on this, it sounds like it could be a hardware issue.  Before sending the hardware in for RMA, it is important to verify that it is installed correctly and if possible that it does not work on another USRP.

Sarah Yost
Senior Product Marketing Manager
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(3,164 Views)

Hi Erik 

I'm working on a usrp 2940r PXIe with Windows 7 and LabVIEW 2015. I've already installed NI-USRP software driver,and it appears device in  NI-USRP Configuration Utility,like thisusrp configuration utility.jpg

my question is when I run usrp example VIs in LabVIEW,there is an error says that no device is found,so I check the connected devices in LabVIEW,it shows there is no device connected,like this

connected devices.jpg

sorry about that i'm Chinese,the LabVIEW version language I use is Chinese.Now,I cannot find how to correct it.Would you mind giving me some advice if you have spare time?

Looking forward to your responce!

Yours,

Jerry

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(1,970 Views)

Hi Jerry,

In the configuration utility, I can see the status of 'Update Needed'.  In order to use the USRP with the NI-USRP 15.0 driver, you must update the firmware and fpga images to the default images that ship with the driver.  Follow the steps on page 14 of the following manual:

http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/375717e.pdf

This should allow your device to be recognized by the USRP driver and you should be able to run the examples.  As a side note, this post does not seem related to the original thread (which is a year old).  If you experience problems after trying the above steps, please start a new discussion about your issue.

Jon F.

Applications Engineer

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jon F.
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(1,925 Views)