USRP Software Radio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about GNU Radio

HI, everyone

If NI-USRP-2920 was used by GNU Radio, whether we can code the FPGA ? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(7,427 Views)

Hi HustLiliAn,

I'm not sure I understand exactly what your question is.  Here is my best attempt to address your question.

You can use your NI-2920 with GNURadio.  You can use a customer FPGA image for your USRP with GNURadio but not with NI-USRP.  Please reply back if this doesn't answer your question.

Sarah Yost
Senior Product Marketing Manager
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(7,407 Views)

Hi, Sarah

So you mean I can program and change the FPGA image as my  demand if I used GNURadio with USRP. Whether we can program the FPGA in the near future with NI-USRP and Labview?

Can you give a guide how to use GNURadio with USRP ? Thanks very much!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(7,399 Views)

Hi HustLiliAn,

You can program and change the FPGA image that you use with your USRP using VHDL or Verilog.  However, the FPGA on the N210 is somewhat small and cannot be used for heavy processing.  Once you compile your new FPGA image, you can then use GNURadio to control your USRP instead of LabVIEW.  You can find tutorials on gnuradio.org and there are various mailing lists for support as well.  What is your end goal?  Why are you trying to create a custom FPGA image?

Sarah Yost
Senior Product Marketing Manager
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(7,392 Views)

Hi,Sarah

We found the processing  of PC is slowly , and NI-USRP is  not suitable for real-time communication or fastly signal process. Whether I can modulate and demodulate the signal with FPGA? Whether there is a guide how to used GNURadio with NI-USRP? just update the image? 

Thanks very much!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(7,389 Views)
As Sarah mentioned the FPGA size may or may not be large enough to hold the PHY layer DSP. Visit http://www.ni.com/sdr for large FPGA SDR options. In the future we plan to release new USRP models with larger FPGA.
With the FlexRIO SDR platform we recently created an 8x8 MIMO LTE like Phy in the FPGA using carrier aggregation to achieve near 1Gb/s. this was all programmed in LabVIEW FPGA.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(7,377 Views)

Hi Sarah

Could you please tell me the steps I need to follow so that I will be able to use NI USRP with GNU radio. I mean I already downloaded the NI driver that is compatible with labview. I would like to know what I need to do or install such that I can use the USRP via GNU radio.

Thanks a lot

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(7,102 Views)

I am having USRP NI 2922 with me and I want to use it with GNU radio for basic application.Can any one tell me how can I do the settings and and what are the steps to do it?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(4,855 Views)