USRP Software Radio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem connecting USRP 2920 to Windows10 and Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller

Solved!
Go to solution

I just installed NI-USRP 16.0 Driver 64-bit successufully in a HP Laptop (Windows10, Intel Core i3-500-5U 2GHz, 4 GB RAM, Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller) in order to use a USRP 2920.

When I connect the Shielded Ethernet Cable between PC and USRP 2920, the USP is not detected by the computer, is it because the Network Adapter is not compatible or so?

Captura de pantalla (6).png

Captura de pantalla (5).png

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,255 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author CotoAugosto

Hi CotoAugosto. Have you Setup the Netwotk?

The device communicates with a host computer over gigabit Ethernet. Set up the network to enable communication with the device.  (The IP addresses for the host computer and each connected USRP device must be unique)

The default IP address for the NI 2920 is 192.168.10.2.

• Ensure the host computer uses a static IP address. You may need to modify the network settings for the local area connection using the Control Panel on the host computer. Specify the static IP address in the Properties page for Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4).11.PNG22.PNG
  • Configure the host Ethernet interface with a static IP address on the same subnet as the connected device to enable communication, as shown in the following Image.3.PNG

If you already do this and still doesnt appear it be maybe because the NI-USRP uses user datagram protocol (UDP) broadcast packets to locate the device. On some systems, the firewall blocks UDP broadcast packets. NI recommends that you change or disable the firewall settings to allow communication with the device.

You can check the manual for further information http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/376358a.pdf

Regards

LaNiña || CLAD

Message 2 of 4
(4,201 Views)

Thanks! 

LaNiña escribió:

Hi CotoAugosto. Have you Setup the Netwotk?

The device communicates with a host computer over gigabit Ethernet. Set up the network to enable communication with the device.  (The IP addresses for the host computer and each connected USRP device must be unique)

The default IP address for the NI 2920 is 192.168.10.2.

• Ensure the host computer uses a static IP address. You may need to modify the network settings for the local area connection using the Control Panel on the host computer. Specify the static IP address in the Properties page for Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4).11.PNG22.PNG
  • Configure the host Ethernet interface with a static IP address on the same subnet as the connected device to enable communication, as shown in the following Image.3.PNG

If you already do this and still doesnt appear it be maybe because the NI-USRP uses user datagram protocol (UDP) broadcast packets to locate the device. On some systems, the firewall blocks UDP broadcast packets. NI recommends that you change or disable the firewall settings to allow communication with the device.

You can check the manual for further information http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/376358a.pdf

Regards

LaNiña || CLAD

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,176 Views)

the software im using is "MATLAB 2013a " and the uhd version supported by MATLAB 2013a is given in figure.can you please tell me that how can i find the driver version of my USRP 2932 device?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,008 Views)