From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

USRP Software Radio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packet had timestamp that was late (or too early)?

Hi, dose anyone meet this problem? what is the reason? how can I solve it ? thanks 

Error -1074118643 occurred at niUSRP Write Tx Data (CDB Cluster).vi

Possible reason(s):
Packet had timestamp that was late (or too early).

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(8,585 Views)

This often occurs when you are using timed start of the VI, but the start time has passed before you've sent data to the device.  It can also occur if the timing commands are not being used properly such as being in the wrong order.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(8,576 Views)
I just set the " end of data " property true, I didn't use timed start of the VI, neither timing commands
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(8,570 Views)

When end of data is set to 'true' the transmit task is stopped.  A new start time must be specified using timing commands before the function can be run again.  At that time it will block until the device reaches the start time you spefied.

This function enables "burst" transmission while recieving continuously.  You do have to keep track of the time on the deivice to be sure the times you request have not passed.

This functionality is often not needed for simple applications.

Regards,

Erik

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(8,566 Views)

Hi, ErikL . First , in my project, I set the end of data as a constant "true" not just as you said a varible. As I see , set the end of data "true", we can transmit data in a burst way. Once the buffer is empty, the transmit is over until next packet is transmited.   http://forums.ni.com/t5/USRP-Software-Radio/Received-packet-check/td-p/2236422  , I just do my project as Sarah said . 

Second ,  can you give some examples about how to used the timing commands or some others to explain your advice . Thanks  

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(8,557 Views)

I'm also coming into this error. Nothing I've tried helped. Code screenshot attached. I'm using an Ettus X310.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(7,141 Views)

Hey, I just got it to work. I used the niUSRP Set Time VI to set the time to 0.0 immediately before setting the trigger time to 2 with niUSRP Configure Trigger VI. Like so:

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(7,139 Views)

You could also Set Time to 0 after Configuring the Start Trigger Time.

There is a clock running on the device, but you don't know what time it currently has until you set it.  You tell the device to start generating at time 2, but the clock might already happen to be at time 100,000 (since it started counting when the device was reset).  So you have to reset the clock to some known time that is before the time you set as the Start Trigger Time.  You can do that any time before you start sending data.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(7,070 Views)

Hi, how can I restart de clock with the niUSRp Write Tx Data ?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,871 Views)