USRP Software Radio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Niusrp.dll question

I have a *very* large legacy program that runs under Windows and was developed using NI's LabWindows.
The NI-USRP device looks very interesting to an application my company is considering.  I've seen the few 
discussions in this forum regarding using the niusrp.dll with a MSVC compiler, but those discussions were
from a couple of years ago.  I've looked at the information on the Ettus web site regarding using the UHD driver,
but that looks like there would be a large learning curve coming from the Windows/LabWindows world.  The big question is, can I
hook into the niusrp.dll from LabWindows (using 'C', not C++)?  That would be the most cost effective for us.  
Just trying to find out what's possible at this point.  Does anyone have any thoughts on this? 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,425 Views)

Hello,

The officially supported language and ADE for the NI-USRP driver is LabVIEW. However, someone had a similar question on the forms, but about C# or .net C++, which requires one to write a wrapper DDL to access the driver. Since you want to use the C language, it will be pretty straight forward. You can simply call into the driver using the niusrp.h file found in the following directory: C:\Program Files\National Instruments\NI-USRP\includes.

Matthew R.
Field Applications & Systems Engineer
National Instruments

Certified-LabVIEW-Developer_rgb.jpg

Certified-TestStand-Developer_rgb.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,399 Views)

Matthew,

I just downloaded the NI-USRP driver and had a look at the .h files..  EASY!!!

Thanks so much for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,392 Views)

No problem, anytime, good luck with your application! Cheers!

Matthew R.
Field Applications & Systems Engineer
National Instruments

Certified-LabVIEW-Developer_rgb.jpg

Certified-TestStand-Developer_rgb.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,379 Views)