From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

USRP Software Radio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New USRP B200 & B210,Labview support ?

All,

Just checking on the status - I have a class to design for the spring and the cost point for the USRP-2920 is prohibitive for the class. The Ettus B200 is high, but I may be able to get those (4x B200  ~ cost one USRP-2920).   Hoping this is available soon, else I will need to use GNUradio...

Thanks for the update,

John

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 35
(7,807 Views)

Hello John,

As far as I find the B200 is not supported in the latest/current release of the NI-USRP driver.

Have you been in contact with an NI Field Sales Engineer (or academic representative) concerning the set-up you require?

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved and/or give a kudo. 😉
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 35
(7,783 Views)

Hi Erik

we too are looking for B200 and B210 Support in LabView. I was slightly dissappointed to find out that the b200 is not supported after having been contacted by NI sales within days of purchasing the B200 and being offered LabView as the SW tool of choice. Only after the Installation of LabView did I find out the B200 is not supported.

I'll Keep on checking, but until then, LabView will not help us.

Cheers, Andreas

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 35
(7,757 Views)

We are also waiting for an Labview driver for the B210. When will this ever be happen

thanks

Bernd

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 35
(7,088 Views)

National Instruments,

Just checking in,  haven't been able to find anywhere on your websites or community forums that say you support this.  Is the B210 not one of the more popular radios? Seems like shady business not to support this radio, but continue to roll out more expensive radios that do have support. Past posts say this is in the works, did I miss something?

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 35
(6,438 Views)

Hello,

I would like to give an update regarding LabVIEW support for the B200/B210 devices from Ettus Research.

The latest release of NI-USRP driver contains driver level support for the B200/B210 devices (Currently at 15.0). You will need to install the USB driver for Windows which can be found in the UHD online manual just as if you were using UHD. Please be sure to utilize the NI-USRP Configuration Utility to rename your device so it can be identified by name with LabVIEW.

We would love to hear your feedback and success stories here.

Anthony F.
Staff Software Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 35
(6,420 Views)

I am waiting more than one year for the support. waiting and waiting and waiting. It looks that they only want to make money and do not want to support their own software  ....

Why can NI not simply say that they dont want to support it, I would maybe not bought the B210 ...

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 35
(6,419 Views)

Yeah I'm not really sure how MathWorks ends up adding support for an NI product before NI does... looks like the wait is finally over though..after two years.... I already sold both of mine though 😞

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 35
(6,367 Views)

ok, now the support is available. You have to give the card a name and than you can use Labview. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 35
(6,318 Views)

Not able to change the firmware and fpga loads. It's greyed out. I've been able to use this tool for the 2920 but not the b210. 

the dialog to change the image is greyed out. Please advise. 

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 35
(6,310 Views)