USRP Software Radio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New USRP B200 & B210,Labview support ?

Hi

i just wondering if National Instrument  plan to ad Labview support for the new USRP devices  B200 & B210 ?,

(http://www.ettus.com/content/files/kb/b200-b210_spec_sheet.pdf)

Message 1 of 35
(17,273 Views)

Yes, I am also eagerly waiting for the labview driver for new USRP.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 35
(17,255 Views)

Thought I'd poke again.  Is this on the road map at all?

---

BC

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 35
(16,707 Views)

We have noted your requests as a future feature request. The B200/210 is not currently supported by the NI USRP driver.  If you have urgent application needs please contact your local NI field engineer.

Thanks,

Anthony F.
Staff Software Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 35
(16,633 Views)

Just another poke for B200/B210 Labview support... stilllllll waiting.....

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 35
(16,360 Views)

Hi,

We are working on this, please stay tuned on the discussion forum or http://www.ni.com/usrp/ for the latest informastion. 

Best regards,

Robert P-F
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 35
(16,256 Views)

I was updating the FPGA and fw on some N210's/292x today to work with the newest version of the driver...and I noticed that there are FPGA and FW binaries for the N200 and N210 now.  Is this for real?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 35
(15,734 Views)

Hi cochenob,

Yes, NI-USRP 1.3 added some new files to the "C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\NI-USRP\images" folder (Windows 7 file path). Below are screenshots of the ...NI-USRP\images folder after installing the different NI-USRP versions.

Please also refer to the NI-USRP Readme (version 1.3) for a list of supported hardware

http://download.ni.com/support/softlib//RF/NI-USRP/1.3/readme.htm

USRP comparison.png

Best regards,

Robert P-F
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 35
(15,700 Views)

B200 and B210 are not currently supported in LabVIEW.

The images are there because niusrp uses UHD in the background.

Fundamentally we have not done the USB driver work necessary to support the B200/B210 on windows with NI-USRP driver.

We are considering LabVIEW - Windows support for the B200/B210 in the future. 

Please continue to post such requests in this forum because we use your feedback to priortiize our develpment efforts.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 35
(15,697 Views)

Ha!  Thanks to Erik for correctly interpreting my typo....I meant to say that I had noticed images for the B200/210's. 

One of the big attractions (to me) for the B210's is that each Rx channel shares the same LO...handy for coherent applications.   This eliminates a ton of overhead, both in programming, as well as eliminating the requirement of a separate source to determine the random constant phase offset between several radios.  We LOVE our N210's, but this has always been a pain point for coherent measurements.  I have an application right now that requires 4 N210's (one to transmit a signal of interest, one to receive the signal of interest, one to receive a reference of the transmitted signal in order to calculate phase, and one to generate my calibration signal).  That could all be cut down in half with a multichannel device that shared and LO (even if it doesn't have the same RF performance as the N210/WBX).

One question though...when you say, "The images are there because niusrp uses UHD in the background", I'm not sure I understand.  I understand that niusrp uses UHD in the background...but if most of NI's products are variants of the N210...why do we need the files for other models?  Or is it you just throw the images for the entire Ettus family of devices in there because, well, why not.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 35
(15,694 Views)