USRP Software Radio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI USRP-2920 Configuration Problem

Hello Everyone,

I am new to NI-USRP and I have encountered some configuration problems with the NI USRP-2920. After I downloaded and installed NI-USRP 14.0 driver from the NI website I found that I was not able to find my device which had already been connected. I followed the guide "NI USRP-29xx Getting Started Guide" and here is the steps that I have already completed.

1. Connect the USRP to the computer using Ethernet cable. The green light of upper-left corner on USRP in on, the LED Light D and F is on and is green after powering the device up.

2. Set to IPv4 address to 192.168.10.1 and subnet mask to 255.255.255.0 as stated in the guide.

However, I still cannot find the device from the NI-USRP Configuration Utility. Could someone help me with that if I missed some important steps?

Sincerely,

Zhiyuan Zheng

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(5,363 Views)

Hello zheng55,

If you have a firewall running on your machine, please try bringing down the firewall temporarily.  Then try to locate the device in the NI-USRP Configuration Utility.

You could also try changing your subnet mask to recognize a wider range of IP addresses, such as 255.255.0.0.

If neither of those steps work, you may need to reset your USRP.  Refer to page 22 of the getting started guide for more information.

http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/375717e.pdf

Message 2 of 8
(5,326 Views)

That works!

Thanks,

Zhiyuan Zheng

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(5,308 Views)

Hello everyone

I have a problem in connecting usrp with my laptop. Whenever I try to connect USRP with my laptop it remains connected for 4,5 second and then become disconnected. When I power on off my usrp then this happens again. I have my firewall off , also I am using correct IP setting according to user guide. can any one tell me solution.

I have 10 usrps in labs and these all usrps work properly with all other laptops and destops except mine laptop.

Also my laptop works good with cRIO and my LAN internet also works good.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(5,245 Views)

mubashir1989,

Could you describe your setup in more detail?  Are you connected directly to your USRP or are you trying to connect to your USRP over a network?  What steps have you tried so far?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(5,231 Views)

I am directly connecting usrp through gigabit ethernet cable with my laptop. 

I have tired to connect different usrp through different giagbit cable but same thing happens, usrp stays connected for a while and disconnects.

Someone told me that some laptops dont support gigabit connection, is it true? my laptop model is dell Inspiron 15 3542, Service Tag: 5B8W232

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(5,226 Views)

You are correct.  You will need a gigabit ethernet connection to communicate with your USRP.  After researching your computer, I found it does not have a gigabit ethernet connection.

http://www.microcenter.com/product/432632/Inspiron_15-3542_156_Laptop_Computer_-_Black

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(5,217 Views)

Ok thanks alot

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(5,206 Views)