USRP Software Radio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

N210 niUSRP2932 which hardware is better

Hello,

Can anyone tell me what is the major difference or advantages between N210 and niUSRP 2932? Do they have different throughput when I use them as transmitter?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,583 Views)

Hello zhe310,

If you look from a hardware standpoint, there are many similarities. The NI USRP-2932 contains a mother board, enclosure, RF daughter board and GPS disciplined clock. The N210 is only a mother board and an enclosure.

There are also are few user experiences between the two choices:

The NI USRP is a completely assembled and tested hardware and software package which includes CE certification. The NI USRP is completely LabVIEW compatible out of the box and enables you to access support from applications engineers (like me).
The Ettus USRP allows different configuration options and is typically used with open source software such as GNURadio and programmed in various languages. The Ettus USRP and GNURadio software are supported through email mailing lists.

Matthew R.
Field Applications & Systems Engineer
National Instruments

Certified-LabVIEW-Developer_rgb.jpg

Certified-TestStand-Developer_rgb.jpg

Message 2 of 4
(5,556 Views)

hi.I am using NI USRP 2932 device and I am trying to connect my host computer with device.the software is MATLAB 2013a.So my question is if I am trying to use MATLAB instead of LABVIEW for NI USRP 2932 ,would that lead to incompatibility issues? because when I entered command of  " findsdru" in MATLAB,it said "noncompatible",

I will be very grateful if you could tell me that whether there are incompatibility issues by using MATLAB instead of LABVIEW ?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,772 Views)

Hi Sam,

I would recommend looking at a few other topics that touch on this question, or creating a new thread instead of posting a reply to an older thread that was resolved in 2014.

https://forums.ni.com/t5/USRP-Software-Radio/USRP-2901-with-MATLAB/td-p/3242814

https://www.mathworks.com/hardware-support/usrp.html

Do note that Ettus branded devices (N2xx, B2xx) are different from National Instruments branded devices (29xx), and will interact with different development environments differently. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,760 Views)