From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

USRP Software Radio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modulation Toolkit VIs on sbRIO-9651

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,
I'm seeking help to solve some difficulties regarding my current LV development.
Currently, I'm working on implementing some packet transmission using sbRIO-9651 interfaced with a programmable transceiver. Unfortunately, some VIs (MT Resample(complex cluster).vi and MT Demodulate PSK.vi) do not execute on the sbRIO. These VIs are part of the LV modulation toolkit and are dependent on some DLLs that fail to load into sbRIO due to their incompatibility with the NI Linux RT plateform.
Do anyone know of some workarounds. Any help or suggestion would be welcome.

Thank you very much.

Bachir

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,976 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author zantarbich

Bachir,

Is it possible for you to open either a DMA FIFO or some other form of data stream from the sbRIO to the host?

One suggestion I have for the resample VI is to use the resample VI that is native to LabVIEW.  I can't confirm that it will work on the sbRIO, but you could try.

The nice thing about the modulation toolkit is that most of it is open to be looked at by the user.  Also, most of the code is written in LabVIEW.  You could (not very easily) look at the code and try to duplicate it in a fashion that will work on the sbRIO.  You may even be able to find where there are any calls to a DLL and try to eliminate those dependencies.

Is there a particular reason for using the sbRIO rather than a USRP RIO?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,946 Views)

@smoores wrote:

Bachir,

Is it possible for you to open either a DMA FIFO or some other form of data stream from the sbRIO to the host?

One suggestion I have for the resample VI is to use the resample VI that is native to LabVIEW.  I can't confirm that it will work on the sbRIO, but you could try.

The nice thing about the modulation toolkit is that most of it is open to be looked at by the user.  Also, most of the code is written in LabVIEW.  You could (not very easily) look at the code and try to duplicate it in a fashion that will work on the sbRIO.  You may even be able to find where there are any calls to a DLL and try to eliminate those dependencies.

Is there a particular reason for using the sbRIO rather than a USRP RIO?

Hi smoores,

Yes I have Host-to-Target and Target-to-host DMA FIFOs runing. 

I just explored the LabVIEW native resample VIs and I think they might solve the problem because they work on sbRIO.

I think that eliminating the DLL dependencies by using one of those native VIs is a good idea. I will try it.

Thank you very much,

Bachir

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,924 Views)

Glad to help!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,893 Views)