From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

USRP Software Radio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measurement of transmit power for USRP 2922

hello,

I am working on 2X2 MIMO system with Almouti coding.For that I am using 2 USRPs as Tx and 2 USRPs as rX. When I refer the data sheet of USRP 2922 there i find that the maximum o/p power range is in between 50mw to 100mw. My question is this the transmit power of USRP?. and next question is that how can i measure the transmit power of USRP 2922 ?so that i come to know that the USRPs I am using transmits power at this value particulary.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,583 Views)

Hi,

USRP 2922 is a uncalibrated device so there is no way to determine the output power without actually measuring it.

One way to do it is by connecting it to a RF power meter and then sweeping through the Tx gains on the USRP 2922 and measuring the power at the same time. This will give you a kind of working calibration table which will look like this:

USRP Gain   Output Power

1                          x1 dBm

2                          x2 dBm ...

Then you can use this table to reverse calculate the gain required for a requested power.

Note that the output power will also depend on the base-band sinusoid amplitude.

A sample power meter that you can use:
http://www.ni.com/en-us/support/model.usb-5680.html

There might be a few cheaper ones out there too.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,469 Views)