USRP Software Radio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximum Bandwidth / Sample Rate USRP 2950R in full duplex mode

Hi,

I have just received my USRP 2950R and immediately loaded the 'Simple NI-USRP Streaming'-project. After compilation of the Streaming XCVR (FPGA).vi I then launched the Full Duplex Streaming (Host).vi and played around a bit with the settings on the left side.

The program basically just creates a sine tone, sends it to the FPGA through a DMA FIFO and to the TX-antenna, picks it up again at the RX-antenna and sends the received signal back to the host via another DMA FIFO. 

However, the maximum sample rate that I could achieve without serious glitching and buffer under/overflows on the FPGA was about 2 MS/s. Isn't that a bit poor? I thought a real time 40 MHz (or more) full duplex-system was realizable with this hardware. Also, there is no own code running on the FPGA just yet, so I imagine after custom signal processing on the FPGA it will even be far less than 2 MS/s. 

Does anyone have any information on what data rates are achievable if receiver and transmitter are running simultaneously on one USRP 2950R? Is the sample project too bloated/slow? Am I better off writing an entirely new FPGA.vi?

Thank you very much

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,434 Views)

It would be helpful to have a description of your setup.

1. Type of PC; specs.

2. How does the device connect to your PC ? Model of the interface card.

I do not think you need to rewrite the FPGA VI just to achive higher rates. Rater higher than 2M/s are definitely possible in my knowledge.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,406 Views)

Hi Hermy64,

what are the news regarding your problem? Did you create a new code and reached your sample rate you wished for?

Regards

Roman Rolnik
Application Engineer
NI Germany
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,306 Views)