USRP Software Radio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How cand i make my VI faster?

Hi guys!

I have to build for my graduation project a simple Reactive jammer. 

Basicaly i am detecting for signals, if i found one signal with a higher peak then an preestablished threshold, i am trying to jamm it.

i have managed to build with  a friend  something like that but it has a response time of 1.95 seconds...

which of course is too much.

Is somebody here who can help me with this?

I have only one week until deadline so i am very pushed for time... kind of an emergency..

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,209 Views)

Hello mitrita,

I hope your project is going well. Have you made any progress on the VI since posting this?

I had a look and just wanted to offer a couple of suggestions. First of all, it could be that the VI is taking longer than expected due to sequence structures. Instead of using the "Operate" local variable in a sequence structure, perhaps try using error wires to force execution to a value property node. This will programatically change th value of "Operate".

How are you verifying that this is a limitation of the VI and not the USRP> Could the 1.95 seconds be accounted for due to the hardware?

Finally, what kind of speeds are you expecting to achieve, and how are you measuring these times?

Best of luck in your application.

Kind regards,

Hashim Shamsi

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,184 Views)