USRP Software Radio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get a faster Tx IQ rate, such as 5M or 10M

That is strange behavior. I never had this kind of problems even when using four or five parallel loops to make use of all the cores. Do you have dual core CPU?

You could try the Wait (ms) VI with an argument of 0 inside each loop which yields to the CPU for potential rescheduling. But that is just guessing since I never had this problem.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(2,851 Views)

Hi derjan,

I actually hve four core computer. However, I can't use all four core even two of it with my application. When running two loop the speed of both drops; the performance monitor indicate that around 3% of CPU performance is been used. 

Then I stopped one loop and the second work properly using alone around 25% of cpu power. 

I've tried your suggestion without success.

The same issue was reported in here I will contact NI if they can help.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(2,843 Views)

Hi,

I solve the problem by making all the loops reentrant. Now, they run parallely.

I also performed all recommendation suggested here and in USRP help. still, I have no satisfactory result:

-I've changed the computer performance to "high performance"

-I edited and set the FastSendDatagramThreshold to 2048

-I set number of samples parameter as multiple of 363

My application works fine for IQ rate up to 4M. from IQ rate of 5M upwards, it still receive a buffer underflow.

The 5M test works fine for a couple of minutes then some of the sudden it generate a "Paquet loss within burst"-Error or "Buffer underflow"-Error.

I use the CDB WDT vi. So, I can't specified the size of samples to be read from hard drive. However, it seems like block size I wrote is the same which is read from disk.

Do someone has any Idea what to do to check some parameters which might influence my application performance and set it conveniently?

thanks for your support

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(2,834 Views)