From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

USRP Software Radio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW CONFIGURE N210

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

i'm a univesity student and for perform an exam i need to play with an usrp. In our laboratory we have two USRPs n210. Inside them there is the ettus firmware. I have labview 2014 and yesterday i installed the NI-USRP library, the Communication toolkit and the UHD driver. The question is: What are the steps for communicate with the USRP? I need something else? Please help me!!

ENrico

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(6,352 Views)

You can find some preliminar information at this link : http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/375717e.pdf

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(6,324 Views)

Thanks for the answer!!

I have already read this guide (is inside the installer NI-USRP). Now i'm try to ping the usrp but I can't. Any sugget?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(6,320 Views)

And now i discover that the Ethernet port is a 100Mbps. My teacher said that another student use the same port and he was able to talk with the usrp. Now I can't.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(6,310 Views)

Do you think taht the USRP work if I connect it to my pc with a GigabieEthernet/USB adapter?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(6,304 Views)

Have you controlled your network settings and the USRP ones?

Try to connect directly the USRP with your pc in DHCP mode.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(6,300 Views)

I already tried but my pc don't find any network (infact the led of the ethernet connector doesn't light). The usrp works because my colleague works to my same project but with ubuntu and he was able to talk with my device (he just ping to 192.168.10.2). I really need help.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(6,294 Views)

My colleague open windows on his pc (that have 100Mbps ethernet) and he can able to ping both device without isntall anything. So the problem is the port or windows 10 (he has windows 8.1). So the question is: an gigabitEthernet/USB adapter work with USRP n210? And if it doesn't work what should I do? Thanks

Enrico

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(6,290 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Altair91e

Hi!!

I tried the Gbit Ethernet/USB3 adapter and it works. Thanks for Help.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(6,241 Views)

Hi,

I am having the same issue. I am trying to communicate with usrp n210 using realtek usb/ethernet adapter. The green led for the Ethernet is blinking but not able to ping the n210 in both linux and windows environment. Could you please list you step how you made it work? Any setting needed? 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(4,046 Views)