USRP Software Radio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full duplex communication with synchronization with USRP 2943R

Hello,

First of all I haven't much experience about USRPs.

I used the below example vi programs of Labview 2014. I have two USRP 2943R. I connected PPS TrigOut Pin of Device0 to  PPS Trig In of Device1 and RefOut Pin of  Device0 to RefIn Pin Of Device1 for synchronization by SMA cables. I saw that USRPR  could send signal  from Dev0 Ch0 to Dev1 Ch0 and  also could send signal  from Dev0 Ch1 to  Dev1 Ch1. But  I want to send signal full dublex between USRP by schronize two devices. For Example Dev0 USRP will send signal  from Ch0 to Dev1 USSP Ch0 also Dev1 USRP could send from Ch1 to Dev0 USRP Ch1.  As a result of one USRPR's channel will act as receiver another channel of the same USRP will act as trasmitter. How could I implement these? I tried belove examples? How can I modified these examples for my purpose? Names of the example programs are present  below .These are the example program of  Ni Labview 2014.

niUSRP EX Rx Multiple Synchronized Inputs (PPS Trig)

niUSRP EX Tx Multiple Synchronized Outputs (PPS Trig)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,192 Views)

Hey ahmetemir!

You are on the right track!  You would have to combine those two examples into one program to get the functionality you asked about.

I hope this helps!

Casey L.

Applications Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,155 Views)

Dear Casey L.;

Thank for your help

How can I combine two examples??? Could you give me detailed advice??

Best regards...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,115 Views)

Hello ahmetemir, 

You can configure these example VIs to support tx and rx on different channels by adjusting the 'Enable Channels' property in the niUSRP Property Node. For example, if you want Dev0 Ch0 to send to Dev1 Ch0, and Dev1 Ch1 to send to Dev0 Ch1, you would change the 'Enabled Channels' field in the TX vi to '0,3' and you would change the 'Enabled Channels' field in the RX vi to '1,2.' You would also need to hardwire Dev0Ch0 to Dev1Ch0 and hardwire Dev1Ch1 to Dev0Ch1, so that the appropriate channels receive the intended data. 

Additionally, the niUSRP help documentation is very effective at explaining the different properties for different USRPs and different USRP functions. I hope this helps! 

Best Wishes, 
Vicki 

Vicki R.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,101 Views)

Hello Vicki R.,

You said "You would also need to hardwire Dev0Ch0 to Dev1Ch0 and hardwire Dev1Ch1 to Dev0Ch1, so that the appropriate channels receive the intended data. " I connected PPS TrigOut Pin of Device0 to  PPS Trig In of Device1 and RefOut Pin of  Device0 to RefIn Pin Of Device1 for synchronization by SMA cables. In addition to this Should I connect PPS TrigOut Pin of Device1 to  PPS Trig In of Device0 and RefOut Pin of  Device1 to RefIn Pin Of Device0 for synchronization by SMA cables. Do I unterstand correct? Master device is device0 slave device is device1 in these examples?  What do you mean about hardwire Dev0Ch0 to Dev1Ch0 and hardwire Dev1Ch1 to Dev0Ch1?

Best Wishes...

Best Regards...

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,089 Views)

Hello ahmetemir, 

If dev0 is the master, you would want dev0 to provide the timing so do not connect the PPS Trig Out Pin of dev1 to the PPS Trig In of dev0 and do not connect the Ref Out Pin of dev1 to the Ref In Pin of dev0. PPS Trig Out/In and Ref Out/In are used for synchronization purposes. 

If you would like to receive data from the USRPs, you are going to need to connect the appropriate channels on the USRPs with an SMA cable (this is what I meant by hardwire). 

Vicki R.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,077 Views)

Hi Vicki,

Can you please explain how to connect the channels between the USRPs since I'm using 2942R? From which port?

Tasnim

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(1,954 Views)