From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

USRP Software Radio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does LabVIEW support HackRF?

Hey All.

Is there someone who knows how to use HackRF in LabVIEW?

I developed some projects using USRP and LabVIEW,but the cost is too high for our product. So I want to use HackRF to replace USRP, and use LabVIEW to interact with user.

So , I wanna to know is this idea feasible?

Thanks very much.

Miz.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 49
(12,826 Views)
Is there someone who can help me........ Steel waiting......
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 49
(12,762 Views)

HackRF is welcome to create LabVIEW drivers.  The process would simply requiring wrapping DLLs with LabVIEW VIs using the call library node.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 49
(12,760 Views)

Hello,

i tryed to make a driver for the HackRF with the DLL but some mistakes appears. Labview don't understand the structure device, and give me an empty cluster in the "hackrf_device".

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 49
(11,920 Views)

I'm also trying this. Use labview to call hackrf.dll function. but fail when open device. is there help?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 49
(11,303 Views)

Hi ,

Please see below grc blocks and labview sample(LV2012).

All based on windows platform.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 49
(11,148 Views)

https://forums.ni.com/t5/Example-Program-Drafts/Using-RTL-SDR-with-Labview-Chapter-1-Labview-on-Wind...

Here's another link to throw in the pile of stuff to read through.

LabVIEW could be an amazing platform for SDR! I actually wish gnu-radio shared some of its features. Next project, port all the blocks to LV!

A buddy and I were trying to break cars with a HackRF for a school project once, so it is my SDR of choice. Probably most capable for the money I've seen in years, so makes sense to me to put in the time for this dev. If only we could 3d print and coat item to fab our own antennas! Don't forget, it can transmit too 😉 (but not full duplex unfortunately)

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 49
(10,429 Views)

Better late then never. I've written a simple .net framework assembly which allows to use hackrf in LabVIEWx64. I also made an example project in LabVIEW 2019 x64 with WFM receiver and POCSAG transmitter (also saved it in 2014 format just in case). Source code of .net assembly is in https://github.com/makar853/nethackrf repository. Maybe it would help someone.

Download All
Message 8 of 49
(8,532 Views)

makar853, I really appreciate your great job!! This is what I wanted to develop.

Can I ask you a question? Does your application call "libHackRF API"?

libHackRF API · mossmann/hackrf Wiki https://github.com/mossmann/hackrf/wiki/libHackRF-API

Certified LabVIEW Developer
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 49
(8,510 Views)

Thank you. Yes, it uses libhackrf compiled as hackrf.dll since it's the only known way to communicate with hackrf transceivers. Technically it is possible to do it with ni visa but I thought it would be overkill.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 49
(8,490 Views)