USRP Software Radio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot install NIUSRP1400 on Win7 / LabVIEW 2014 (64 bits)

Hello

I have just installed a fresh LabVIEW 64 bits (+patch) on a Win7 64 bits OS. I also downloaded NIUSRP1400 from the NI website.

When running the setup.exe of NI-USRP 14.0, the default path points to "Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\". Since I'm running a 64 bits version of LabVIEW, I try to modify this path to point to "Program Files\National Instruments" which is the base install path for LabVIEW 2014 (64bits)

I get the following error message when trying to run the installer :

" An incompatible product is installed in directory "C:\Program Files\National Instruments". Choose a different directory. Reset path to previous value ?"

...What product could be incompatible with the NI-USRP driver ?

I'm running a LabVIEW 2014 PDS english version 64 bits on a Win7 SP1 OS French (64bits). I the modulation and SMT toolkits as well as the latest Scilab to LabVIEW gateway...

Any ideas ?

Best Regards

Gerald

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,720 Views)

Hello,

It seems you problem come from a compatibility between the toolkit mentionned which must be in 32 bits and the LabVIEW 64 bits.

I suggest you to uninstall all (LabVIEW, the differents toolkit and all the drivers) and install all in 32 bits version:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/3C1276BB5C03A53986256EEE00569BFE

Best Regards,

Guillaume D
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,707 Views)

...This is simply ridiculous !

I'm not going to install a 32 bits version of a software and degrade the performances of my programs because a toolkit incompatibility....

NI is a major leading company and I seriously doubt they could release a LV toolkit that is not available for 64 bits ! It simply makes no sense.

Anyway, I ignored the error messages that popped-up and could finally get the NI-USRP to install...but I"m now experiencing problems with the RF drivers suite.

Regards

Gerald

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,699 Views)

NI-USRP 14.0 is fully supports 64-bit systems and LabVIEW 2014 64-bit.  The Modulation Toolkit and Spectral Measurements Toolkit that some NI-USRP examples use also support 64-bit LabVIEW.  You shouldn't have to install the 32-bit versions of anything.

I believe the problem you ran into is this: the NI-USRP installer places some utilities in <Program Files (x86)>\National Instruments\NI-USRP (which are 32-bit utiliites) even you you are using 64-bit LabVIEW.  These utiliites just happen to be 32-bit, but they don't prevent you from using 64-bit LabVIEW.  I believe the installer balked when you tried to make it put this directory and these utilities in the 64-bit Program Files.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,647 Views)