From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

UI Interest Group Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple screen configurations in single VI?

Hello, I am fairly new to labview, and have not been able to find an answer to this question. Basically I want to initially have a screen with 3 different options, where the user initially chooses an option, and from there the UI and code changes based on this answer. If it helps, the purpose of this program is to do a simple datapoint transformation, no electronics are being used. The purpose of the option is to change the transformation method. Has anyone ever done something like this or even know if it's possible?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,901 Views)

Hi gkimz,

when asking for programming help you should post in the LabVIEW forum.

And yes, that has been done before. For a quick start I would use a simple tab container - no extra buttons for your "3 different options" needed...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,922 Views)

This a basic example of using subpanels.  You can find a demo here.  Make sure you scroll down and get the latest code.  The code in the original post is missing some things.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,922 Views)