Lining up graphs on multiple tabs

Just one additional Idea - what do you think about using a destop ruler like:

- PixelRuler

- Cool Ruler

or something similar?

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(1,080 Views)

The floating ruler idea on the Idea Exchange just got set to "In development"...so that's good news

Most of the third party rulers that are available only cover parts of the use cases (if we could pick and choose from each we can get there...), and they are not integrated into the IDE so you cannot get the advantages that can provide - for example get controls to snap to the ruler lines.

The ideal ruler as I see it is not only 40% about measuring distances. The next 40% is about having a set of floating X and Y axis that makes it easy to align things (which cannot be aligned with the current methods as they are on different tabs etc). There are other cool things that can be useful though (last 10%); like having shortcuts to configure the rulers for frequently used dimentions/measurements; showing mid-points, golden ratios, standard screen sizes etc.

Neither PixelRuler nor Cool Ruler would install properly on my Windows 10 machine. I went on a search for something closer to my old Renegade Floating Ruler (which only worked on XP I think. One of the unique features it had was that it allowed you to work on your front panel while the ruler(s) are there on top of the window.), and found one little hack over here that is close to a sigar, but lacks in completeness.

Message 12 of 12
(1,080 Views)