From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

UI Interest Group Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to use the cursors in Waveform Chart ? How it can be possible ?

I need Advanced Cursor Applications in Waveform Chart and XY graph.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,207 Views)

Hi srkanylmaz,

use a graph instead of a chart, when you need cursors!

(The difference is just to buffer you need to maintain on your own… )

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,775 Views)

This Example helped me a lot to understand the usage of the cursors: https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-22642

Message 3 of 4
(3,775 Views)

Thank you for trying to help. However, my problem is not the usage of cursor directly. Waveform graph can display a part of data. At the same time, it is possible to use zoom in, zoom out although X autoscale is on. These all are perfect for my application.But I can not add any cursor to Waveform Chart. Because of this, It has not this kind of feature.

I use now XY Graph. There are some challanges here. In this graph type, i can add the cursors. In addition to this, i can display a part of data. However, when X autoscale is on (Update the display) , it is not possible to use zoom in and zoom out. If X autoscale is off, it is ok. Finally, i can solve this like this. Everytime, X autoscale is off position. Then i can update the display one times in 5 minutes. But, i prefer X autoscale is on  and everytime update.

Shortly, in other words, i want to combine the features of Waveform chart and XY graph.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,775 Views)