UI Interest Group Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature suggestions for User Interface Manager

Hello All, please post your suggestions for features/changes/bug reports in User Interface Manager in this forum.

Link to UIM: http://forums.ni.com/t5/UI-Interest-Group-Documents/User-Interface-Manager/ta-p/3539490

Thanks!

Piotr Kruczkowski
Certified TestStand Architect
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Message 1 of 24
(11,220 Views)

Hi Piotr,

I just have installed the UI Manager over VIPM, but the UI Manager (UIM Tool.vi) seems to be missing.

Is it wanted like that or where can i find the UI Manager?

thanks in advance

Norbert

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 24
(10,856 Views)

It should be visible as another option in the Tools menu in LabVIEW. Do you see it there? Also the package installs a palette into LabVIEW into the addons.

Piotr Kruczkowski
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 24
(10,846 Views)

That was too easy. 

I was irritated, because in the example project were unsolved dependencies, which told me that the manager is missing.

thank you!

Norbert

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 24
(10,843 Views)

DO you mean that the project you had in your examples folder informed you about missing UI Manager Tool? This should not happen. Can you please confirm this and send me screen shots?

Piotr Kruczkowski
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 24
(10,838 Views)

I meant the UI Manager.lvproj which has unresolved dependencies

The Project in the example folder is working

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 24
(10,832 Views)

Yeah, you should not use that project. It's only used internally. Use only the tools menu and the palette. Good luck with UIM. Let me know if you need anything else.

Piotr Kruczkowski
Message 7 of 24
(10,821 Views)

Hi my name is Niels,

First off the concept of this UIM is great! I do have a question about the interaction with clusters, i pack all my data into one cluster. So every button is in a cluster or in a cluster within a cluster. When i try to use the UIM, it only effects the main cluster property's. Is it possible to effect the buttons within a cluster ? 

Thx in advance! 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 24
(10,302 Views)

Yes but for this you have to use the API directly. The capture state and apply state methods have an optional input for traversing clusters. Since this is not something that can be easily implemented i didn't add it into the basic tool in the menus. Use the API to capture state and you will have what you need.

Piotr Kruczkowski
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 24
(10,292 Views)

Thx for the fast response, ill try it out when i get home asap! Have a nice day, ill keep you posted.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 24
(10,284 Views)