From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

UI Interest Group Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enthalpy Chart & Calculation

Hi,

I doing a project on data acquisition of r404a refrigerant. Where i need to calculate the enthalpy and plot on a graph.The graph needs to be customized as shown in the pic.Can someone help me with this.I tried it with image insertion ,but required it to plotted in the graph itself.

Thank You

phscale2.gif

With Regards

Sibin K Mathew

Email: sibin.is.here@gmail.com
Mobile No:+1215-406-6545
http://in.linkedin.com/pub/sibin-mathew/48/846/446
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(17,557 Views)

I am not sure if I understand exactly your question, but you can insert the image on the front panel and put a transparent xy-graph on top of it. I didn't change the x/y axis and the titles of the graph, but you can adapt as needed and fit them exactly to the size of the image.

transparent_graph.png

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(12,036 Views)

Hi Sibin,

you may include that image as background image of the XY graph. There's a property node to do so...

Next time you should ask LabVIEW programming questions in the LabVIEW forum...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(12,036 Views)

I disagree about posting in the forums. To quote the description of this community group:

This group is for the discussion and sharing of anything related to the front panel and user interface. Custom control themes, XControls, best practices and templates are all reusable and sharable, together we can make our front panels beautiful!

So IMHO, this is perfectly on topic.

Message 4 of 9
(12,036 Views)

Hi Michael,

Sibin needs help to solve problems with his VI. That's what should be discussed in the forum - IMHO.

Whenever the VI is running nicely as intended Sibin may share it as good example here in UI interest group: "reusable and sharable"...

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(12,036 Views)

I'm completely with Michael on this one. Designing nice UIs in LV is hard enough...we don't need to be scaring each other off when we run into difficulty.

It's always easier to remain silent if you disagree with a post or thread. There will be plenty of other people willing to help (or chastise, I guess) the person who posted in your place.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(12,036 Views)

Hi David,

- I gave a valuable hint for Sibin to solve his problem of displaying a background image in a XY graph. So I would count that as "willing to help".

- I mentioned the LabVIEW forum as the place to discuss all problems related to "programming with LabVIEW". As I answered to Michael I would be glad when Sibin will share his VI whenever it reaches a state of "sharable and reusable"...

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(12,036 Views)

Ladies ladies.... back to a solution for our friend

I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for but this might help

http://screencast.com/t/FdUhdtB6w

VI Used (LV 2010)

http://www.screencast.com/t/7pSMwrLjaji

2013-03-15_1650.png