UI Interest Group Blog

Community Browser
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding new UI objects to the front panel (and even link data) on Run-Time :)

~Samuli

Hello all!

So is it really possible to add any new UI objects to your user interface during run-time and even link data to those new objects? Yeah it is! If you use some nice tricks I made this demo for Northern Europe NIDays last year and I just wanted to share it with our UI Community. The code is pretty simple and I made it for demo purpose only. So it's not ready application with proper error handling etc but you will find some cool functions there that you can reuse with your projects. I tried to keep the code as clean as possible so it should be pretty easy to understand how it works.

With this demo you can add new LabVIEW UI objects to the Front Panel and move those objects around with your right mouse click (works best with LabVIEW 2011 btw. There is some feature in 2012 that will popup the right click menu to the objects even though it is disabled. You can hide the menu by clicking the Esc button during the movement if you use 2012.). you can also link data to these new objects (just watch the video how to do it).

Here is simple video that will show you how it works:

http://screencast.com/t/bRfa1iQfHx

If you have any questions please comment and I will try to answer those. Enjoy!

Best regards,

Samuli

Updated: Added also 2011 verision and fixed one linking problem.

Style is Everything
Download All
Comments