Twitter Toolkit for LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a Public Tweeting Console

How easy would it be to use this toolkit to create a small application (Windows Executable) that performs a very simple function: allows random visitors to enter their Twitter username and password and have a pre-configured tweet sent using their credentials?

I ask because I may need to create an application that does just this. One that asks a passerby to enter their Twitter details, it would then send a tweet from their account with some predermined content.

It would need to be quick, slick and simple. For example, two string controls on a front panel for the Username and Password, then a simple button that says "Tweet!". Nothing more. No further interaction needed. Is this possible?

Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,258 Views)

ok, so I went ahead and tried this, and it works.

I now have a simple VI that displays an embedded webpage asking a visitor to enter their username and password and it then sends one tweet on their behalf. Sweet.

So now I want to taking this further. The tweet that will be sent will include a number of hashtags and usernames, primarily @name.

I see from the examples that there's a Search Tweets function which accepts a query. Presumably I can formulate a query that returns tweets with @name in them?

Secondly, this function requires a Twitter Handle, which from the examples is typically stored in a shift register to prevent needing to repeatedly login. However, I'm not sure I can store this as I will be asking visitors to enter their own credentials to allow for sending of tweets. Will this be a problem?

Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,677 Views)