From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

The Daily CLAD

Community Browser
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Subtracting from Arrays

SercoSteveB
Active Participant

What are the contents of Boolean Array Out following execution of the VI?

Subtracting from Arrays.png

Subtracting from Arrays Answers.png

Comments
SoundNLight

a

ersmt444

A

jyagaimo

a

output of the third subtract is an array of size 1

MrStevenUND

A

crossrulz
Knight of NI

A

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Tsjabrantes

A
Smiley Very Happy

Tarciso Junior
+55 (11) 996-282-103
Email: Tsjabrantes@gmail.com
http://br.linkedin.com/pub/tarciso-junior/23/a83/463
SercoSteveB
Active Participant

Answer: A.  Nice one all. 

Madmanguruman

This little function doesn't jive in LV2016 for me. The top equality check is producing an array of size 4, whereas the middle and bottom equality checks are producing arrays with size 1. I end up with a 2-D output array which seems like 'none of the above'. What am I missing, please?

daily clad question.png

SercoSteveB
Active Participant

Hi Madmanguruman

The key here is the Comparison Modes assigned to the Equals? nodes, through the right click interface of each node.

Check out the snippet below, I have configured the top Equals? to Compare Elements and the bottom to Compare Aggregates. 

NOTE:  There are visual clues, the thickness of the Boolean wires output from the Equals? nodes (are they an array or a scalar).  Have a look at the original question to identify the difference between it and your snippet.

Equals.png

Steve

Madmanguruman

Got it! One of those things where mouseover is beneficial. Thanks for the clarification.

Madmanguruman

Thanks to this blog, I was able to pass my CLAD exam on the first crack. I've been using LabVIEW full-time for around 1 1/2 years, part-time for around 5 years. I took the online versions of Core 1 and Core 2 starting in January and did the practice exams as well.

SercoSteveB
Active Participant

Hi Madmanguruman.  Nice one, congratulations.  If you get a spare 5 minutes could you comment on your CLAD exam experience here?

OBK058

Hi SercoSteveB

I am preparing for the CLAD exam which is probably at end of this week. Please guide me regarding Exam. i have studied core 1 and core 2 and also solved sample papers. i have been working on labview and labview fpga for 1 year. 

Thanks 

Obaid

crossrulz
Knight of NI

You might want to start here: Certification Nugget: CLAD - Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer

Also, if you are already going through all of the questions in this blog, you are well on your way.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
cd11

A