Community Browser
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Number - Boolean Array - Number

SercoSteveB
Active Participant

What is Numeric Value Out following execution of the VI?

Number - Boolean Array - Number.png

a) H'FFFF'

b) H'FFFFFFFF'

c) H'FFFFFFFFFFFF'

d) H'FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF'

Comments
Matt-A.

B

...There's a clue there...

AuZn

B

The output data type of Boolean array to number can be changed by right clicked -> property. The default output is U32, hence the red dot on U64 indicator.

crossrulz
Knight of NI

B

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
nik35324

B

MrStevenUND

B

GregSands
Active Participant

AuZn wrote:

The output data type of Boolean array to number can be changed by right clicked -> property. The default output is U32, hence the red dot on U64 indicator.

Which means the answer could also be A if it had been changed to have type U16 or I16, or D if it has type I64 - all of these would still show a red dot.

SercoSteveB
Active Participant

Hi GregS, welcome to The Daily CLAD. 

The unwritten rule of The Daily CLAD (well not written for about 200 posts anyway), and coincidently my favourite get-out clause, is that if the question doesn't explicitly state a change, the reader should assume the defaults are being used in a question.  

Please keep picking me up on things though, it wouldn't be The Daily CLAD if I didn't make an error at least once a week. 

Steve

greggsavard

B

Gregg Savard
Certified LabVIEW Developer
DaleR

B

Tsjabrantes

B...
Smiley Happy

Tarciso Junior
+55 (11) 996-282-103
Email: Tsjabrantes@gmail.com
http://br.linkedin.com/pub/tarciso-junior/23/a83/463
SercoSteveB
Active Participant

Answer: B.  Nice one all.  As Matt-A points out a little hint (coercion dot) in the question.

In the interests of full exposure.

Example 1.png

Example 1 Answer.png

keshavboss

I guess the answer B. but i dont know what H actually represent in the answer(s).

crossrulz
Knight of NI

H was indicating the values were in Hexadecimal form.  I usually use 0x to indicate hex.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5