From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

The Daily CLAD

Community Browser
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: It's a Sign

SercoSteveB
Active Participant

What is Numeric Array Out following execution of the VI?

sign.png

sign Answers.png

Comments
ersmt444

a

After a long time.. 🙂

nik35324

A

alexderjuengere
Active Participant

a

Matt-A.

A

crossrulz
Knight of NI

A

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
karthick@krishnan

A

MrStevenUND

A

greggsavard

a

Gregg Savard
Certified LabVIEW Developer
DaleR

A

Tsjabrantes

C...
–1, 0, 1 returns 1 if the input value is greater than 0, returns 0 if the input value is equal to 0, and returns –1 if the input value is less than 0.

Tarciso Junior
+55 (11) 996-282-103
Email: Tsjabrantes@gmail.com
http://br.linkedin.com/pub/tarciso-junior/23/a83/463
SercoSteveB
Active Participant

Answer: A.  Nice one all.

Can anybody help me out here and has a use case for using the Sign node rather than LT 0 and/or LE 0 to identify the sign of a double.   I my mind this node should be called something like Change Magnitude to 1.

crossrulz
Knight of NI

I think I have only used this function in conjunction with a Subtract in order to figure out if X was >, <, or = to Y.  It was easier than doing all of the logic and manipulating that somehow to use with a case structure.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
levonsg

A

https://images.youracclaim.com/size/340x340/images/2edb5b1a-9414-44e1-8519-c774fc6dd079/36015_Certificate_Badges_FINAL__1__NI_Instructor_v5.png