From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

The Daily CLAD

Community Browser
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: A series of probing questions: 4 of 5 Custom Probe VI Inputs and Outputs

SercoSteveB
Active Participant

A Custom Probe VI has Control and Indicator Terminals the same as any other VI.  Which of the following about the Control and Indicator Terminals of a Custom Probe VI are TRUE?

NOTE:  Multiple answers may apply.

a) Custom Probes must have a Control Terminal of the same data type as the probe is configured to monitor.

b) Custom Probes must have an Indicator Terminal of the same data type as the probe is configured to monitor.

c) The user can add Control and Indicator Terminals to a Custom Probe VI.

d) Custom Probes must have a String Indicator and a Boolean Indicator Terminals.

Comments
crossrulz
Knight of NI

A, C

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
mohamedtanveej17

A,C is okay...but can anyone explain wherever the control of custom probe necessary to be used??

Matt-A.

A and C.  I agree.

Here's a usage link:

http://www.ni.com/example/29126/en/

A very handy example.  I've created t-shooting VIs that have this functionality built into my applications.  I may use this in the future. 

Matt-A.

A control might be used to turn the probe on and off or perhaps the history on and off. 

RishiDivakar

Are these the kind of questions that we can expect for CLAD?

Certified LabVIEW Architect
System Test Architect
Electrical Engineering
JLR
Ellie90

a,c

CataM
NI Employee (retired)

a), c)

MrStevenUND

a, c

nik35324