Community Browser
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: A series of probing questions: 2 of 5 Custom Probe Data Types

SercoSteveB
Active Participant

The same Custom Probe can be used to probe multiple data types?

a) TRUE

b) FALSE

Comments
crossrulz
Knight of NI

False

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Matt-A.

Survey says:  True

I placed a custom probe on a cluster and put a custom state on each of the data types.  It worked for each.  Correct me if I'm wrong.... 

sankar06

False

Happy to Wire
CataM
NI Employee (retired)

a) within the custom probe there is a generic probe.

Ellie90

Even generic probe cannot be used to all the data types. There is no such a choice for string array and queue out when I tried. But since the question is "multiple data types", not "all data types", I will choose "TRUE".

MrStevenUND

False

crossrulz
Knight of NI

I am pretty sure that "generic probe" is just pointing back to the default probe.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
nik35324

False

SercoSteveB
Active Participant

Answer: B, nice one all.

Not a particularly well written question this one.  What I was trying to say is that a Custom Probe has a defined input data type.  If you right click on a wire to select a Custom Probe, only Custom Probes with the correct data type show up in the right click shortcut menu.

Mohamed_Hany

I cannot really understand the question .. can you even create a custom probe?

SercoSteveB
Active Participant

Hi Mohamed_Hany, can create a Custom Probe with a right click on the wire you want to probe and then by following the right click menu  structure as shown below. 

Custom Probe.png

Here is a link to Creating Custom Probes