Sync Labs

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW 2013 Support?

I'm migrating a project over to LV 2013 and rely on the custom time reference project to update my real time system clock on a cRIO-9025.  Does the released code work with Timesync 1.3 and LabVIEW 2013?  What are the steps to get the custom time reference code running under 2013?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,908 Views)

Hello,

Sorry this post has been left languishing. Getting the Sync-Labs time reference working alongside the 1588-2008 time reference with NI-TimeSync 1.3 will be a little tricky.  The reason is as follows, when you install a new version of NI-TimeSync (1.3+) on a system with a Sync-Labs release (1.2.X), the result is that it uninstalls the LabVIEW support for your time references.  Also, the Sync-Labs release only installs API support up to LabVIEW 2011.  You should still be able to install your custom time reference to a VxWorks/PharLAP Real-Time target, but the APIs to control and monitor them will not be available.

Here is how I would recommend you get these two releases to work together.

1. Habe a relatively clean machine with your expected LV/LVRT support installed.
  2. Install the Sync-Labs release you want and make sure to select at least one version of the LabVIEW API support (probably 2011) for installation
  3. Copy C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2011\resource\objmgr\timeSync*.rc to C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW <YOUR VERSION of LabVIEW>\resource\objmgr\
  4. Copy C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2011\Targets\NI\RT\vi.lib\Platform\TimedLoop\scheduler\LVUserAPI\Absolute Time Support\* to C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW <YOUR VERSION of LabVIEW>\Targets\NI\RT\vi.lib\Platform\TimedLoop\scheduler\LVUserAPI\Absolute Time Support\
  5. Install the latest version of NI-TimeSync you want to use (1.3+) with the LV API support you need

Now you should be able to install both the custom and the 1588 time reference to your target and you should have API support on LV for the custom time reference.

Note: The custom time reference VI will not have been compiled for your version of LabVIEW, so you will more than likely be prompted to resave that VI.

Sincerely,

Mark

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,156 Views)