From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Switch Hardware and Software

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is NI-SWITCH vs Swith Executive?

Can someone give me some detail about this difference?
I recently purchased Dev Suite Test edition.
It has NI-SWITCH but not Switch Manager.

What Iam I getting?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,610 Views)

Can you please specify which version of the developer suite test edition you are talking about: Standard or Professional edition?

The Pro edition is the one that includes NI Switch Executive. NI-SWITCH is the instrument driver software for controlling NI switch hardware products.

-Serge

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(6,599 Views)
NI-SWITCH is the driver that allows you to talk to any National Instruments Switches.

NI Switch Executive is a configuration tool designed to simplify switching systems. With NI Switch Executive, you can do the following:

• Develop multiple device switch systems represented as a single virtual device
  • Create end-to-end signal routing
  • Route selections based on signal characteristics and switch capabilities
  • Create route groups used to make intelligent resource selections when creating routes
  • Create switch routing for end-to-end calibration and maximum execution speed
  • Create aliases for channels
  • Preconfigure routes and route groups that can be called by name at run time
  • Control NI and IVI-compliant third-party switches
  • Generate a report of your switching system
I have attached a picture to show the correlation of NI-SWITCH and NI Switch Executive.

Guy Ferraro
Switch Product  Support  Engineer
NI - USA

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(6,595 Views)