From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Switch Hardware and Software

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using usb-1208fs to control a hydraulic directional valve

Hi,

I am a PhD student, beginner in Labview. I am working on a project require controlling a hydraulic directional valve by using a USB-1208FS DAQ. I have an ultrasonic proximity sensor to sense the height differences of plants. The sensor output signal is analog voltage 0-10V, I managed to acquire signal from the sensor using the DAQ. I need to set different values of plants height depending on the sensor signal to actuate the hydraulic valve. The valve will control a hydraulic cylinder to move it up and down depending on the plants heights. I worked through a VI, but I don’t know how to generate two signals of 0-5V to operate the valve. For example, the range of plants height (0-6 inches) will switch ON one side of the valve to lower the cylinder down. The range of heights of (0-12 inches) will switch ON the other side of the valve to raise the cylinder up. Can anyone help me figure out how to do that. Thanks for your help!  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,147 Views)

Hello Mazin,

The ULx driver comes with an analog output function. You can specify the channels the same way you specified the channels for the anolog input just in this case. The resource for this device is made with.NET so I am not sure how the resource is named but once you find out that convention you specify a group of lines by separating them by a colon (ex. AnalogInput ai0:1).

Regards,

-Travis E

National Instruments
Product Marketer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,135 Views)

Hi Travis,

Thanks for your reply. Still I did not get what you are saying, but I will try using Schmitt Trigger that might be useful in such cases.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,127 Views)

download the ULx drivers and look at some of the examples. It will give you inferences of acquiring analog and digital signals.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,102 Views)