From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Switch Hardware and Software

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

time delay to switch on and off multiple load sequentially for load testing

time delay to switch on and off multiple load sequentially for load testing: automatic on and off control of load

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(7,480 Views)

p^2,

The time delay depends on several factors [Device Model Number, Settling Time Attribute Setting, and PC Hardware (If using SW timing)].

If you provide more information we would be able to assist further.

Frank,
National Instruments
Software Group Manager
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(7,466 Views)
Sir, i made a small hardware for relay switching using NPN darlington pair. the relays i used for my hardware are solid state relays : 480V ac, 12Vdc, 10A other relays are electromagnetic relays : 230Vac,12Vdc, 7A. i would like to design program for automatic controlling the load on sequentially and off sequentially. i know the logic but i am not able to process for the program. i will b thankful if you could help me to make a program for automatic on off control with some time interval.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(7,457 Views)

p^2,

What are you using to control the relays [Digital ports on a DAQ card, Relay driver (2567), etc]?

Also what ADE do you want to program in (LabVIEW, CVI, C, etc)

Frank,
National Instruments
Software Group Manager
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(7,452 Views)

Sir,

i am using  DAQ card digital output (9401) to control relay thro NPN darlington pair switching. using Labview i have to control the load automatically so that it should ON sequentially and then after all of them on i ahve to make OFF one by one with some time interval/delay.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(7,446 Views)

p^2,

I have written a quick example that turns on sequentially and off sequentially. This uses the DAQmx write function to turn on the relays, waiting 100ms [or other specified period] between each turn on. Then it waits another amount [in this case 200 ms] to ensure that the relay has been on for 1000ms [or some other specified period] before being turned off. 

Frank,
National Instruments
Software Group Manager
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(7,435 Views)

Thanks Sir for your reply!!!!

further i would like to do remote controlling and monitoring of load so that may save energy if someone let load remain on.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(7,424 Views)

p^2,

It sounds like you are looking more for a system designed application rather than simple examples. That is something that would likely be better assisted by an NI systems engineer or an alliance partner.

Frank,
National Instruments
Software Group Manager
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(7,419 Views)