From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Switch Hardware and Software

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

time consuming FindRoute function

Michael,

We have implemented performance improvements for multiple items in NI Switch Executive 3.6, including the find route performance.

Unfortunately, the ability to use the "first route" function you mentioned previously is currently not implemented. We do have this and additional improvements for multi-bank modules as a potential feature for future versions of NI Switch Executive, but currently this is unavailable.

Frank,
National Instruments
Software Group Manager
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 23
(3,036 Views)

Hello Frank

thank you for the fast reply!

Do you have any detailed information about the "find route" "performance improvements"in complex Matrix setups such as the one we used in 2010? I could provide more information about the setup again in case you do not have this information. 

I am especially interested in the average/worst time the find route algorythm needs to find any arbitrary route in the Matrix as this would possibly be a no-go criteria for our application.

best regards

Michael

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 23
(3,034 Views)

Michael,

The performance improvements are not specific to the system that you were working with, but are more general performance improvements. As mentioned before, we have improvements for multi-bank systems as a potential feature for future versions of NI Switch Executive.

Looking at some of the times you mentioned before

"

A1 to B1 takes about 15s
A1 to D1 about 1.5s
C1 to B1 about 1.5s
C1 to D1 about 15s
A1 to C1 about 2s
B1 to D1 about 2s

"

I ran this with 3.6 and found out that it is 

A1 to B1 = 11.359
A1 to D1 = 0,457
C1 to B1 = 0.908
C1 to D1 = 10.712
A1 to C1 = 0.059
B1 to D1 = 0.368

granted some of this is likely based on using a newer processor than the one you used in 2009.

Frank,
National Instruments
Software Group Manager
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 23
(3,020 Views)