From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Switch Hardware and Software

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

programmable relay switch

Hello,

I have an experiment where I need to switch the connection from DUT between a dc power source and Keithley 2636 measurement SMU. I'm looking for a relay switch ( like SPDT type) that can be progammed and sychronized with the keithley measurement unit so that the whole experiment can run automaticly. The swtich is better to have multiple independent switches.

Does anyone have suggestions which relay switch is suitable for my application?

Thanks a lot,

GY

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,706 Views)

Hey GY,

How much current and at what voltage will the Keithley 2636 be sinking?  The 2636 can handle up to 10A/200V, but if you're not using that much current/voltage in your testing, we can look at some higher density relays. Until we know more, I'll throw out the:

PXI-2566, 16 SPDT relays with 5A carry/150V

PXI-2570, 40 SPDT relays with 1A carry/100V

If you need a higher current/voltage than this, post up and I'll show you some more niche solutions.

If you haven't already purchased the Keithley 2636, might I recommend an NI supply? The PXI-4132, the PXIe-4141, and PXIe-4154 might be a better solution if testing for speed is a deliverable.  Throw the switch and the NI power supply into a small PXIe chassis, connect it to your computer using a high-speed PCIe MXI link and you've got one awesome test system.  If you're already rocking the Keithley, you can connect it to a LabVIEW-based test solution with a USB-GPIB adapter, etc.

Let us know more about what you'd like to happen and we can dig deeper.

-John Sullivan
Problem Solver
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,703 Views)