From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Switch Hardware and Software

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pci version of PXI-2503

I am currently using a PXI-2503 switch in conjunction with a PXI-4065 DMM. I'd like to do the same thing on a PCI platform using the PCI-4070 but I can't seem to find the PCI version of the PXI-2503. Can someone tell me what the part number is of the PCI version of the PXI-2503?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,880 Views)

Hi Ingtar,

There are some PCI switch solutions on the market, but NI doesn't offer PCI switch modules and there isn't a way to make a PXI switch card work without a PXI chassis. There are some PCI switch solutions on the market, but we don't offer any. Sorry!

Also, is your name in reference to Ingtar from the Wheel of Time book series? I hope so. It is one of my favorite book series. 

Regards,

Mike Watts
Product Manager - Modular Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,867 Views)

If those are the only cards you are using, I would just buy a PXI-1033 chassis and use the MXI PCIe card that comes with it to connect to your computer.  It will be easier than shopping for something else.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 3 of 5
(5,863 Views)

Ok.  Thanks.

And yes, it's in reference to Ingtar from WoT.  Surprisingly I have had this handle in various places for the past 15 years and you are the first person to ask.  Glad to see there's someone else out there who loves the Wheel of Time as much as I do.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,850 Views)

I sometimes use a 3rd party CompactPCI to PCI Adapter.  But this leaves my PXI switch sticking out of the side of my computer and looks funny (and is not safe for high voltage applications which would not be the case for PXI-2503). There are several companies that make them with slight differences.

See also:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/219E270A357C37AE86256BF4006C16CB

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,518 Views)