From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Switch Hardware and Software

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

niSwitch software scanning

I need to do software scanning of niSwitch as indicated in the NI example "niSwitch Software Scanning.vi".
I have a great scan list (something about 100 instruction).
What I notice is that if the first software trigger sent is not delayed of a certain time, the trigger is lost (maybe because until the scan list download is not finished the triggers are discarded).
How can I know if the download is finished?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,777 Views)
Dario,

Actually when the flow returns from initiate the scan list is already downloaded. The loop will not execute until the scan list is completly downloaded. What might be happening is that the trigger is being sent before the first connections in your scan list gets completed.
For example if the first instruction in your scan list is: ch0->com0 & ch1->com1 & ch2->com2; and if the trigger is being sent before the switch is done making ch2->com2, the switch will not be in the "wait for trigger" state and therefore will miss the trigger.
To ensure the switch in the "wait for trigger" state, use a property node with "Is Waiting For Trigger?" found in Scanning configurations. Place the property node right before "Send Software Trigger".
Message 2 of 4
(6,770 Views)
Yes, it is as you said.
I inserted a while loop (with timeout) waiting for property node flag "Waiting for trigger?" becoming TRUE and now it works.
Thanks
Dario
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,762 Views)
You are welcome. I am glad it is working for you.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,757 Views)