Switch Hardware and Software

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

keithley 3706 with 3724, general .VI question

Hi all,

Has anyone out there programmed the switching of one of these, looking for basic example to get to grips with. Has pseudo example but I have real card in, and can't see what to change. as my card isnt even listed in psuedo card drop down,  Sorry but this is very new to me.

Will put the work in but struggling to start. I have sense resistor (2K) wired across rear of DMM ports at rear, and have successfully measured the current (hence volts) to the USB stick, but need to integrate the control with NI labview now,

Any assistance greatly appreciated. Just trying to work out how the different Kiethly Vi's command the switching,

thanks

Steve

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(6,388 Views)

Hey Steve,

Which path did you take to interface with your switch?

IVI:

You installed this driver:

http://www.keithley.com/support/data?asset=53566

NI Switch Executive:

You installed the above IVI driver, configured your device in Measurement and Automation Exploror, then set up routes in NI Switch Executive.

IDNET:

You Installed the Keithley IDNET driver.

Let us know which path you took and we can narrow our focus.  Rest assured, though, that the 3706 will work in LV ;).

-John Sullivan
Problem Solver
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(6,383 Views)

great, will install those from links, 

re IDNET, from link i cant see what one that is referring to on Keithley site, can you confrim the name of file from page please?

Stevie

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(6,369 Views)

hi again,

im using evaluation software at present on my laptop, just downloaded Switch Exec, what do i do re Licensing as its asking me for activation codes..?

Steve

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(6,367 Views)

Steve,

More information on activation can be found here. If you are using an evaluation you should not need to use an activation code. There should be a skip, or continue that allows you to skip activation.

Frank,
National Instruments
Software Group Manager
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(6,361 Views)

Hi Frank,

got it installed, watched the Switch config video on line, speaking to UK NI guys to assist too, they are going to help me out.

Not sure if i have the IVI installed correctly, its not in IVI folder,

Steve

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(6,358 Views)