From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Switch Hardware and Software

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

function not found in library? 1127 switch module

I am trying to control individual relays in an 1127 switch module with a 1331 attached.  Whenever I try to connect to it through the block diagram (or through example programs) I get an error stating "Function not found in library" or sub vi not executable. However when I try to control it from the switch executive front panel it seems to work correctly. When I follow the sub vi error chain I eventually arrive at the library node and I am told to configure it. However when I click configure I get options that are phrased slightly differently than the original sub vi name. How do I get the example code / control over the 1127 installed in an scxi chassis.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(6,595 Views)

Raaron,

What Hardware are you using to control this device (DMM, DAQ card, USB 1359, etc)?

What SW are you using in LabVIEW (NI-SWITCH, NI-DAQmx, NI-DAQ [Traditional DAQ], IVISwtch)?

Frank,
National Instruments
Software Group Manager
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(6,586 Views)

I am using a daq card through labview 2010, I actually have gotten the unit to respond by resetting it through ni switch executive. Now I am just trying to figure out how to get the 1127 to be used as multiple spdt relays. I have access to 2x1332 terminal blocks or 1x1331 the final goal is to toggle a switch a certain number of times after making a measurement and also to toggle a polarity switch on a test fixture as needed.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(6,581 Views)

Raaron,

The SCXI 1127 is a Matrix / Multiplexer card. If we wanted to try to make it function similar to an SPDT, you will limit the number of "SPDTs" you can create. With the 1331 that can only be configured as a multiplexer and essentially used for a single "SPDT" [com(SPDT) = com (Mux), NC(SPDT) = Ch0 (Mux), NO(SPDT) = Ch1 (Mux)] . If you use the 1332 you have a 4x8 Matrix and can make it into 4 "SPDTs" [com(SPDT) = r0(Matrix), NC(SPDT) = c0(Matrix), NO(SPDT) = c1 (matrix)]. Both of these configurations will not really be normally closed, and you would have to configure it in software to close when you are using it.

If you are looking for a true SPDT I would look at the 1160, 1161 and 1166.

I am glad that it is working now, but I am still confused as to how you were having SW issues though. Maybe the device was being set up as a Traditional DAQ device and was installed on an OS that does not support Traditional DAQ? Resetting the device [for DAQmx use] may have fixed this? I am unsure without further information.

Frank,
National Instruments
Software Group Manager
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(6,563 Views)

Yes it seems that I may have examples that only work for certain versions of labview. For example when I search help for examples on relay operation and use "niSwitch Controlling an individual relay.vi" I get a broken arrow that as I go through the different errors in the sub vi's I end up with "function not found in library". 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(6,549 Views)

Your installation isn't correct.  I recommend repairing the NI-Switch driver, which will add the missing VIs.  This is likely the result of installing the device drivers before installing LabVIEW.

-John Sullivan
Problem Solver
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(6,546 Views)

thank you for your help. yes i am pretty sure you are correct as it does not have these issues when i select the examples link from the start up screen.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(6,541 Views)