cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connected pins vs topology

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I'm currently using a PXI-2529 matrix with a 8x16 topology.

According to the connection schema found in NI switch help (see pic attached), if I connect R7 to C15 I should have pins C16 and C6 connected to C10. Right ?

But when I test the continuity between these pins, I only have C6 and C10 connected... just like if the 2 banks were not connected together as the topology implies...

Is this normal ?

CLA, CTA, LV Champion
View Cyril Gambini's profile on LinkedIn
This post is made under CC BY 4.0 DEED licensing
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,326 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author CyGa

Hey zyl7,

Are you using the TB-2635 terminal block, which configures the topology?  If not, you'll need to manually wire the topology as indicated in the NI Switches Help»Devices»NI PXI/PXIe-2529»2-Wire 8x16 Matrix Topology.  From that document:
"If you do not use the NI TB-2635 terminal block, short the pins externally to achieve a 2-wire 8x16 matrix topology."  Under that sentence is a table of pins you'll need to connect.  For example, B24 and B14.

-John Sullivan
Problem Solver
Message 2 of 4
(6,325 Views)

Hi John,

This is what I was afraid of... Ok, I don't have the TB-2635. I tought this connector was just made to have a nice cabling... but didn't imagine that it was a part of the topology itself...

Thank you for your help !

Cyril

CLA, CTA, LV Champion
View Cyril Gambini's profile on LinkedIn
This post is made under CC BY 4.0 DEED licensing
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,323 Views)

Hey Cyril,

Supporting multiple topologies on a single module requires either additional relays or mechanical configuration through the terminal block.  Due to overall density, the 2529 thus configures the topology on the terminal block.

Cabling is definitely an option as long as you can make the connections on the terminating PCB or breakout panel.  Note that signals travelling from bank 0 to 1 will need to additionally travel the entire length of the cable twice (out and back), which will limit maximum frequency, etc.

-John Sullivan
Problem Solver
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,320 Views)