From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Switch Hardware and Software

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I find the hardware asset name?

Under the driver sessions hardware tab how do I determine the name of the hardware asset.  I have added devices such as a 1129, a 1127, PXI-2565, PXI-2567 and 1193.  When I'm creating a new hardware asset, do I need to create a new one for each of the devices and if so what are the names that I'm suppose to use? 

Thanks for your help.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,466 Views)

Actually, I think that what I really need is the resource descriptor and not the hardware asset name.  I think the hardware asset name is the one that I create but the resource descriptor is the one that I need to know.

I guess my question then is: Where can I find more information on the resource descriptor names for my devices? I have PXI devices and a SCXI Chassis with additional devices on them.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(6,463 Views)
You can find resource descriptors in MAX, under Devices. However, you should be able to click on the "Configure NI Switches" button in Switch Executive's create new wizard and NISE would create IVI logical names with the topologies you choose for you.
I hope this helps,
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(6,457 Views)