From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Switch Hardware and Software

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to detect PXi-2503 in my PXI Chassis

Hi,

I am using PXi1045 chassis and i have installed PXI-2503 in my chassis. I am unable to cmy PXi25-3 card in my MAX. Can anyone help on this. U r help would be appreciated.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,738 Views)
Hi,
I'm going to need a little more information to help you. Have you installed the DAQmx driver? This will recognize the Switch device. The driver can be downloaded here:

If you've done that, then are you using a controller or a MXI interface?
If using MXI, make sure your chassis is powered on before the PC. You should get a Windows "Found New Hardware" Wizard when you startup.

Do you have other devices in your PXI chassis? Are they showing up in MAX? If so, try moving the 2503 to another slot and rebooting. Additionally you can check Windows Device Manager and see if an unrecognized device is there (there should be an exclamation point by it) then you can point that device to your NI-Switch driver to use it. The NI-Switch driver can be found here:

Hope this helps, let me know if you still have questions!
B Spears
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(6,724 Views)

Additionally, the Switches Getting Started Guide is an excellent resource for troubleshooting and getting the device recognized.

http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/373131f.pdf

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(6,721 Views)