Switch Hardware and Software

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch executive: Problem that route switching fails in route group, but the route is working standalone.

Hello

were are using the following route group structure:

routeg.PNG

SCI1Mod10 and SC1Mod11 are two SCXI-1191 RF-Multiplexer modules.

If  I connect the route PR4G_ANT_9 using that panel all is fine. But if I connect this route using the route groups Signals_ALA9 or ALA_A_9 the path on PR4G_ANT_9 remains open ( both relays used in the path are in default/"open"/"disconnect" state). But there are no error messages as you can see in the attached debug panel log ( routegroup_debug.log, for comparison also route_debug.log from switching only PRG4_ANT_9). You see the problem only if you measure the RF paths with a networkanalyzer. An to make the problem even more strange : When using the switch from our teststand sequence , which uses the ALA_A_9 routegroup , we don't see that problem . There are no failed measurements due to a open RF path.

Are the any ideas what happens here: Software bug in Switchexecutive-3.6, hardwareproblem in SCXI-1001 chassis, in one of the SCXI-1191 modules oder a problem with the USB-1359 controller ?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,345 Views)

Can you give the detailed route specification for each item in Signals_ALA9? Are there any exclusions or hardwires?

AKA:

ALA_3V3_9  = Dev1/Ch0A->Dev1/ComA

etc

Frank,
National Instruments
Software Group Manager
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,316 Views)

Sorry , I've appended the wrong file as route group_debug.log.

The whole setup is a logical 16:1 Multiplexer.  2x 16:1x4 signal lines  with the two 1127 cards SC1Mod1 and SC1Mod2. 3 "high current" 16:1 multiplexers channels  build with 6 1161 cards (SC1Mod3-SC1Mod8)  and 2 RF 16:1 Multiplexers channels build with 3 1190 cards ( SC1Mod 9-11). There are hardwires to build the 16:1 Multiplexers with the 1161 cards.

The RF multiplexers are build with one RF relay as root on SC1Mod10 and 4 hardwires on the roots 4 outputs to the 4  COM connectors of another 1161  module (SC1Mod9 for the   ALA_ANT_x paths, SC1Mod11 for the PRG4_ANT_x paths)

In error case it seems that the root relay of the PRG4_ANT Multiplexer  doesn't switch to the expected position. But I have no idea why, because it switches allways when switching the PRG4_ANT_9 route or using the ALA_A_9 routegroup from Teststand . If I will see one fail in that cases I would say "defective relay" but so far I can't. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,298 Views)

All,

Sorry for the confusion, the txt file you send does not show the endpoint connections, which I need to understand the connections.

Can you send me the export of the virtual device?

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370404J-01/nise/maxexport/ (txt or excel is fine)  

Frank,
National Instruments
Software Group Manager
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,292 Views)

Export file attached

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,277 Views)