Switch Hardware and Software

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch Executive Graphical view with Third-Party device

Hi!

I am using Switch Executive to control a Pickering 128*16 LXI Matrix. Contrary to examples provided with NI Switch Executive installation, I have no possibility to program the routes graphically (see attached file). Is it because the matrix is a third-party device ? Or is it a wrong setting somewhere which disables the graphical view ?

CLA, CTA, LV Champion
View Cyril Gambini's profile on LinkedIn
This post is made under CC BY 4.0 DEED licensing
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(7,041 Views)

Hello.

As you can read in this document, the graphical routing feature is only available for NI switches.

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/3724

Best regards

Message 2 of 5
(6,980 Views)

It is difficult to create visual depictions of 3rd party switch modules because the IVI standard that said 3rd party modules adhere to doesn't provide any method to guarantee that a derived topology is valid.  With NI Switch modules, NI knows the actual design and is able to guarantee that the graphical layout is the actual layout of the module.

-John Sullivan
Problem Solver
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,963 Views)

it is an old post but i am having same issue now... got nise and i cant do it graphically with a third party...

i guess Ni will be earning more dollars for this because i am not doing it manually

CLAD, CTD
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,149 Views)

Hello, Buton!

This has not changed since the previous post. To clarify - you can still use NISE with third party devices, it's merely the graphic interface that is specific to our products. As mentioned by John in an earlier post, this is because we don't want to mis-represent third-party devices; the IVI standard does not require manufacturers to provide enough information for us to guarantee an accurate graphic representation.

Will Hilzinger | Switch Product Support Engineer | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,130 Views)