cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Snytax to connect multiple routes in LabVIEW

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

i'm using a 64-relays-matrix with my NI-PXI-2567 module. It's includes an 3x18 matrix with 3 channels for 18 pins. 

To make it easier in LabVIEW, i created routes for every posibiliy: CH1_TO_PX , CH2_TO_PX, CH3_TO_PX (X represents a number from 1 to 18)

For example, if I want Pin 1 connect to CH1, Pin 6 connect to CH2 and Pin 15 connect to CH3, the following routes need to be switched: CH1_TO_P1, CH2_TO_P6, CH3_TO_P15.

Route.JPG

Question: What string do i need to connect to the "niSwitch Connect Channels(Mulitple).vI" to make this work?

I tried it like this: 

VI.JPG

Unfortionatly, the error message says that there needs to be at least one arrow (->) in the string.

Doens't Labview take the String from the Route Setup? (see marked string in first picture bottom right)

What is the correct string that I need to use?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,959 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Bommelchen

Bommelchen,

The thing that you are configuring in in NI Switch Executive. You will need to connect using NI Switch Executive if you wanted to configure the routes in MAX. See below for more information on using switch executive.

NISE.JPG

NI-SWITCH uses the channel names that the device has at default. If you choose to use NI-SWITCH you can only use a string such as "ch0->com0" using the default names of the device.

Frank,
National Instruments
Software Group Manager
Message 2 of 3
(6,949 Views)

i have this problem

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,545 Views)