From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Switch Hardware and Software

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCXI1127 not recognised by NI switch Ver 3

I am trying to use switch soft front panel to access the switches of the SCXI1127 module. As soon as the software is started an error message appears telling me that there is no switches in my system and closes down.  Is this due to the SCXI 1127 module being of the traditional Daq type or something else? Can anyone shed any light on this problem.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(7,557 Views)

Hi Herbie,

Can you see the SCXI-1127 in Measurement and Automation Explorer (MAX)?  Traditional DAQ devices have to be recognized in MAX before they will work with the Soft Front Panel.  Let me know if this helps!

Chad Erickson
Switch Product Support Engineer
NI - USA

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(7,552 Views)
hi Chad
Yes the SCXI 1127 was recognised by Max and also was recognised by earlier versions of switch.
Cheers
Herbie
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(7,550 Views)

Hi,

SCXI switches require a dedicated controller like a NI 4021, NI 4060, NI 407x or E/M series daq board.
If the switch controller appears in MAX under Traditional NI-DAQ devices and not under NI-DAQmx Devices, like the NI 4060, then you can only create an SCXI chassis in traditional DAQ and will not be able to use the new SFP. The NI-SWITCH SFP that installs with NI-SWITCH 2.4 and higher only supports switches configured as DAQmx devices.

What card are you using as the controller, and does it show up under the DAQmx section? Have you configured the SCXI under the DAQmx section?

Thanks

Sacha Emery
National Instruments (UK)

// it takes almost no time to rate an answer Smiley Wink
Message 4 of 7
(7,535 Views)

Sacha

Thanks for the information.  I was coming round to that conclusion because the configuration worked on a pc with a previous version of Daq/DMM/Switch.

Thanks

Herbie

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(7,532 Views)

Hi Herbie,

I see we've found the issue.  We are urging customers to upgrade to switch controllers supported in DAQmx, such as the NI 407x, so they can use the current Switch Soft Front Panel.  The old Switch Soft Front Panel is no longer in development, and is not shipped with the newest versions of the driver.  However, if you are unable to purchase a DAQmx switch controller at this time, you may be in a difficult situation.  For now, as a workaround, I've attached the old Soft Front Panel to this post. 

Hope this helps!

Chad Erickson
NI - USA

Message 6 of 7
(7,526 Views)

If anyone else is reading this post, and is running into this same issue, I've attached the following comments.

For NI-Switch 3.1 and previous, the Old Switch SFP is installed in the following directory:
C:\Program Files\IVI\Drivers\niSwitch\OldSoftFrontPanel

For NI-Switch 3.3 and later, the Old Switch SFP is no longer installed on your machine.  The workaround is to use the attached executable above.  You may also have to install LabWindows/CVI Run-time Engine version 6.0 or later.

Chad Erickson
NI - USA

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(7,508 Views)