Switch Hardware and Software

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCXI-1127 Module behaviour

Hi,
I'm using 4 SCXI-1127 modules in 1 wire mode. Lately, I've been experiencing problems with one of the 4 modules. When i try to read resistance of 4 individual resistors by connecting them to any of the 4 channels of modules installed in slots 1,2,and 4 of SCXI 1000 chassis, it gives me correct results. But with module in slot 3 i get two 'NaN' values either on 0 & 1 channels or 32 & 33 channels. I did troubleshooting via MAX and NI-Switch soft panel, but couldn't figure out what's wrong with it. If anybody has any suggestions please let me know. Meanwhile i'll try exchanging module in slot 3 by modules in other slots.

Thank You
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(7,002 Views)
Atul,
I will be a good test to put modules that work from other slot 1,2 or 4 in slot 3 to see if the problem is coming from the SCXI slot. Also try putting the module that doesn't work from slot 3 in other slot to see if the problem persists and if the problem is coming from the module. It is possible that the SCXI-1127 is not working correctly. If it is the case it would need to be RMA by calling our support line.

Regards
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(7,001 Views)
Hi GF,
Thanks for your response. I tried it and it worked. I still don't know what caused it's erratic behaviour.
Regards
Atul
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(7,001 Views)
Atul,
So I guess the module is good so is the slot 3 of your SCXI-1000 chassis.
Unless the error is reproducible, it will be hard to investigate any further.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(7,001 Views)
Hi,
I�m experiencing a similar problem. Module in slot 1 is giving me
�NaN� values. I tried swapping modules, added and deleted them through
MAX, and rebooted the PC several times. All the modules are working
correctly, when inserted in slots 2, 3, and 4 of SCXI 1000. I don�t
understand what�s causing the module in slot 1 not to work. I tried
debugging it through soft panel too, but the problem still persists
!. Any suggestions??

Thank You