Switch Hardware and Software

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems Switching on 2527

Hello

I appear to be having some trouble getting my NI-2527 to switch in conjunction with the 4072 DMM module.

I am attempting to set up a DMM 4072 to record 32 voltage samples and output them into a matrix using a modified version of the Continuous synchronous scanning.vi However for some reason the switch does not scan through the channel list making my matrix output have the same voltage reading  for every column in the excell spreadsheet output. I normally use TTL0 for both my trigger and measurement complete. I am also a little bit unsure if my scan list is set up correctly.

My list is fairly simple i am running the switch in Break before make mode: "ch0->com0;" is my scan list entry.

Attached are the Vi's that i am using.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(7,806 Views)

Hi,

Do you get the same output if you scan the channels one a time rather then all 31 in one list? Your scan list appears to be setup correctly.

Regards,
Natasa
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(7,773 Views)
Thank you for your response.
Unfortunately that did not solve the problem.

It appears as if the Switches are not being triggered upon the completion of each measurement. The DMM just loops on itself forever reading the same switch over and over again. I thought it was supposed to send a Trigger signal to the switch each time it completed a single measurement but it does not seem to be doing so. This VI is meant to be a continous voltage data logger and it is the first real program I have ever done in Labview.

Is there any way to have the dmm trigger the switch after each sample is taken?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(7,761 Views)

Hi M. Adams,

You are right, the problem is coming from the triggers (or the lack of them :)). What chassis are using? Are you sending the triggers to the backplane of the chassis? Also, what version of the NI -SWITCH driver do you have? I recommend upgrading to the latest version. Sometimes older versions of the driver might have problems with new model chassis.

Also, have been sucessful in running the example without any modifications? First try running it as it is, later focus on customized version.

Regards,
Natasa
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(7,741 Views)
Hey Natasa,

I am using a PXI-1042 configured as follows:

Slot 1) NI-PXI-8145 RT
Slot 2) NI-TB-2527 with 2627 Terminal block
Slot 3) Ni PXI-4072
Slot 4) NI PXI-7811R
Slot 5) NI-PXI-2586 

I am using NI-Switch Driver Version 3.0

I was unable to get the Example to work successfully in it's basic format.

I did manage to get a software triggered version working however this method is not an ideal solution and I would really like to be able to use the backplane.

I am honestly not sure if i am sending the triggers to the backplane in the NI example for syncronous scanning. I attempted to use TTL0 from the pull down menu to communicate between the devices however as we have determined that communication does not seem to be taking place.

I am fairly certain once i get the hardware triggers communicating i will be able to get the example to work similarly to my software triggering one i am attaching below.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(7,735 Views)

Updating to the latest version of the driver will resolve your problem. You can get the NI-Switch ver. 3.1 here. The problem is caused by incorrect initialization and reset of the PXI trigger lines; however this is resolved with the 3.1 driver.

Regards,
Natasa
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(7,722 Views)
OK thank you very much i will give it a shot and let you know how it turns out.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(7,718 Views)
It worked Thank you very much for your assistance 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(7,701 Views)