Switch Hardware and Software

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI-4060 Where to buy one? I need this card

NI (the company) only has 1 PXI-4060 in stock and it’s for loan only to test.

Its only replacement that is compatible is the PXI-4065 card. Which uses the DMM driver 2.71 and that driver runs on Labview 7.1 or 8.0 or higher. We are currently using Labview 7.0.

Does anyone know who sells a used PXI-4060 or know where I can find one?

thanks

Best regards,
Krispiekream
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(7,172 Views)

Krispiekream,

Why is it that you need a PXI-4060, specifically? Did you have one and it stopped working, or you want more of the same?

The PXI-4060 is end of life, and as you mentioned, we recommend using a PXI-4065. Since you are using LabVIEW 7.0, that leaves you with several options.

Arguably the easiest approach would be to update your LabVIEW version to at least LabVIEW 7.1. I realize that may not be an option. Any PXI-4060s you already have will continue to work in new driver versions, but not in older versions of LabVIEW.

There is a way to use an older version of LabVIEW with a newer driver version, although it is technically unsupported and somewhat complicated. It involves copying the NI-DMM library VIs and a few other files from LabVIEW 7.0 to a separate directory, upgrading the driver, and copying said files back into place.

As for finding a PXI-4060, a quick Google search revealed some for sale on third-party websites. That said, National Instruments cannot guarantee the quality of any devices purchased in that manner, so they may or may not be acceptable for your application.

If you could provide more information as to your specific needs, we should be able to provide further assistance.

Thank you,

Tobias G

Staff Software Engineer

Precision DC Software / Modular Instruments

National Instruments

Tobias
Principal Software Engineer
Driver Software
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(7,141 Views)

If you are still looking, there are several currently on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300837377998

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,967 Views)

http://www.artisantg.com/TestMeasurement/55836-2/National_Instruments_PXI_4060_5_5_Digit_Multimeter

they say fully warrantied. not sure if you already bought one. just thought that i would follow-up anyway.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,402 Views)